This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Driver problems?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia for a Geforce 6150 LE. I think it's a driver for most video cards in general. Well, ever since I downloaded this new driver, every time I exit out of a video game my computer seems to freeze. I get a blank screen with one line of the desktop display streaking across the screen. I have a new option in control panel for Nvidia control panel and an Nvidia View desktop manager. I go to the manager and i have the option to disable all nvidia desktop view features thinking that will fix the problem but my computer is still freezing from time to time. Maybe I can roll back to the previous driver or something? I don't know what to do from here. Please some one run me through this problem! Chris
Hi Mortimier,

Were you having Driver problems before updating? If you were not, roll back as you suggested yourself, because if you are not having problems I am sure you have heard this saying:

If it ain't broke, don't be fixing it!

Best regards,
Yea, no problems before hand. Just seemed to start happening right after i installed this new driver. My next question is how do I roll back to a previous driver. I think rolling back to another driver is different on windows xp than it was on the older operating systems. Was trying to find the device manager and I forget where I can find it.
Hi Mortimier,

Sorry for the delay in replying, a busy day on the forum today.

If you ever feel you have driver problems go here to check first before downloading and installing new ones.
  • Right Click on My Computer on your desktop
  • Properties
  • Hardware
  • Device Manager
  • Check if there are any yellow or red warning signals to attend to.
To roll back, go to

  • Start
  • All Programs
  • Accessories
  • System Tools
  • System Restore and follow the prompts
Doing that should take you back to your original driver and how your system was running before you updated to the new driver.

Post back if you need more assistance please.

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI