This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Video Driver disappears?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Recently, my video card stops working until I manually reinstall the driver using the update driver command in the device manager (Win XP). What could be causing this and how might I fix the problem? I'll post more info as needed.
I just downloaded the latest version of the driver 2 days ago. I discovered the problem a couple weeks ago when I was trying to play a game requiring DirectX 9 and had a message saying my video card was not DX9 compatable. It had been many months since I'd played any games on my computer that used extensive graphics. When I investigated, I found that the device could not start, and the lousy Windows troubleshooter was of no help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI