This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

No Video

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Greetings, recently I have received some Windows media files .wmv as e-mail attachments. When playing them I get the sound but no video in RealPlayer and a somewhat blurry inverted color video in the media player. You tube videos play ok. How can I trouble shoot this problem?? Many thanks,
Hello Lutra, I am curious to know why you would have both RealPlayer (A resource hog) and Windows Media Player installed on your computer? I would stay with WMP updated to version 11 if it were me. Are all your Windows Updates current on your computer? What RAM capacity are you running on your system, that could also be just one factor with videos not playing clearly. Best regards,
Thank you Tallin for the fast response,
am curious to know why you would have both RealPlayer (A resource hog) and Windows Media Player installed on your computer? I
Pure ignorance on my part. I liked the way when watching a you tube video a window would pop up if I wanted to save the video .
Can I do that with WMP?
The security updates were all up-to-date, but not the media player, have installed the latest and all is well again, the videos are showing as intended.
I have 2GB ram.
Thank you Tallin for this quick help!!!!

Lutra
Lutra,

We are here to reply quickly to stop our members frustrations. :thumbup:

If you want to rid yourself of RealPlayer here is how:

Uninstall RealPlayer

If you only want to stop the message centre popping up all the time in the Systems Tray, do the following:

(1) Start RealOne Player
(2) Tools -> Preferences
(3) Automatic services in the Categories pane
(4) Uncheck all options and then OK

Lutra wrote:Can I do that with WMP?

I don't know, but you can try it. WMP is a great utility, I am almost certain you would be able to.

Glad all is back and running smoothly for you.

Best regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI