This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

 

For some reason my PC will not recognize my Samsung Galaxy S5 anymore, nor will it for my old S3.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled several version if the USB Drivers w/o any luck; my PC can read other USB drives when I connect them and it will charge my cell, just not able to recognize the cell to transfer files.  My cell has the USB Debugging turned on and set to MTP + ADB.  I have tried several ports as well as cables.  I have tried working with Microsoft & Samsung Techs and no luck.  Samsung thinks it was the phone, but I received a new phone and the same issue.  Microsoft provide this link (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10) to up grade my PC, which I do not wish to do if I don't have too.  I have search the web endlessly and no luck.  I even tried in Safe Mode and no luck.  See attached on what happens when I install the drivers and then connect my cell as Windows tries to install more drivers; Device Manager will continuously refresh and switch between Portable Devices - unknown devices to Other Devices - unknown devices – I'm needing assistance please!

 

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Ztruker,

 

Tks for the reply and I am on WIN10 Pro (64-bit).  From the link, the fix-it tool does not work with WIN10.  To make sure, I have attached my info for Device Manager and under the USB portion, I do not recognize one for my wireless mouse/keyboard and it's a Logitech; can you tell me which one not to uninstall please.

 

Tks,

Did you set the environment variable to 1 then Show hidden devices?

 

I don't see your mouse under USB either. Try uninstalling the Unknown entries under Other devices and USB.

No. I just showed the hidden, but when I reset the BIOS, my PC will not boot anymore. I looked at the changes and the only thing I saw (that I remember) was the boot sequence was different. I changed if back to what I had and still won't boot…

So I got the BIOS to boot up correctly.  I added the Environmental Variable and show hidden devices and it looks the same.  See attached and I have yet to uninstall any of the USB due to no mouse/keyboard showing in that section…

Okay, followed the remaining instructions and the same issues as my original post on the MTP attachment…  So next step please!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that I just connected to my Win 10 Pro X64 system. It was detected when I plugged it in but after I chose Open to show files and folders I got nothing. Didn't show up in File Manager or This PC.

 

I opened Device Manager, expanded Samsung Android Phone then right clicked on it and selected Update Driver.

Selected Search Automatically and clicked Next. Windows downloaded and installed a new driver, dated 12/2/2015 version 2.12.10.

 

I rebooted and now it shows up in File Explorer as SPH-L70T under Devices and drives and is fully accessible.

So I have done this and tried again and opened SAMSUNG Android Phone and select to update the SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface drivers and WIN says I have the best drivers installed already; same with the SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device under USB.  I uninstalled both again and then plugged in the phone and Device Setup pops up and says installing device, but it never finishes and I have to just click close; I even let this run all night before requesting help…  This is very frustrating that all of a sudden, my PC will not see my cell phone!  Any other suggestions?

Do you have any System Restore points from before the 5th? If so you cold try one of them and see if that helps.

 

Check Windows Update history and see what updates were applied  just prior to the 5th. Try uninstalling them one at a time and testing.

This has been going on before the 5th as I was working with Microsoft and Samsung. Tks for the help and you can close this ticket.

We (almost) never close threads.
 
Is the problem fixed? If not there are other things you can try.
 
Run sfc /scannow from a Elevated Command Prompt. If unresolved problems, run this sequence of commands:
 
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
SFC /scannow


If that doesn't help then do a Refresh which is similar to a Repair Install.

The refresh worked and my PC can see my cell; just wish I didn't have to do this as I now have to install my programs back – tks again for the help!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI