This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

my CD/DVD is not being reconised I get ( autorunner - 12RD ) applicati

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:pullhair: Hi everyone well I still have this persistent problem : every time I puttin an CD with text in, I get this my CD/DVD is not being reconised I get ( autorunner - 12RD ) application not found.)
I ran a windows application to fix this prob. but all I got back was windows cannot fix this prob.



AutoFix [V5.2.3790.67]
Time [2008-12-11 10:36:01]
Microsoft Windows Version [5.1 (Service Pack 3) <2600>]

Test [The Shell Hardware Detection service is running.] - Instance [N/A]:
Result [AutoStart Setting]: OK
Result [The Shell Hardware Detection service is running.]: OK

Test [Policies] - Instance [D:\, Drive Type: 5]:
Result [HKCU\…\Policies!NoDrives]: OK {Present}
Result [HKCU\…\Policies!NoDriveAutorun]: OK {Absent}
Result [HKCU\…\Policies!NoDriveTypeAutorun]: OK {Absent}
Result [HKLM\…\Policies!NoDrives]: OK {Present}
Result [HKLM\…\Policies!NoDriveAutorun]: OK {Present}
Result [HKLM\…\Policies!NoDriveTypeAutorun]: OK {Present}
Result [Driver level policies]: OK {
HKLM\…\Services\cdrom!Autorun (Present)
HKLM\…\Services\cdrom\Parameters!Autorun (Absent)
HKLM\System\CCS\Enum\…!AlwaysEnable (Absent)
ed-e-dee,

I'd like a peek in your registry. :popcorn:

Please Click on Start in the lower left of your screen.

Click on Run.

In the window that opens, please paste the following:
regedit.exe /e "%userprofile%\Desktop\myfile.txt" "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer"

Click on OK

A file will appear on your desktop called myfile.txt

Please attache that file to your next reply.
Hi Tomk, good to hear from you again, ok here is the scan, thank you Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer] "NoCDBurning"=dword:00000000 "NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=dword:000000c2 "NoDrives"=dword:00000000 "NoDriveAutoRun"=dword:03fffff7 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\run] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\run\APR_DEACTIVATED]
ed-e-dee,

Try this:

Backup Your Registry with ERUNT
  • Download ERUNT from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Right-click erunt.zip, choose Extract All… and follow the prompts to unzip the program
  • Open the erunt folder on your Desktop and double-click ERUNT.exe to start the program
  • OK all the prompts to back up your registry to the default location.
Note:
The backups can be restored from here:
C:\windows\ERDNT\\ERDNT.exe

Please open Notepad

  • Click Start , then Run
  • Type notepad.exe in the Run Box.
    Copy and Paste everything from the Quote box into Notepad:

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\explorer]
    "NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=dword:00000091
    "NoDriveAutoRun"=dword:00000000


    Make sure there are NO blank lines before Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    Make sure there IS one blank line at the end of the file.

    Go to File > Save As
    Save File name as Fix.reg
    Change Save as Type to All Files and save the file to your desktop.

    Close Notepad, and double-click Fix.reg on your Desktop. When it asks if you want to merge the info to the registry, hit YES/OK. Reboot the computer.
:woot: Thank you Tomk, that seemed to have got it to work, threw in the CD that I was having trouble with an away it went thanks tomk thats another drink I owe you. cheers
ed-e-dee,

Glad things are working better. :yeah:

Glad we could be of service.

(You need to tell them over at Bleeping Computers that this issue is resolved. It is considered bad form to ask the same question in multiple forums) :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI