xxfree2romexx
Topic Starter
Hello Everyone,
I am taking advantage of Christmas lol and gonna treat myself to some sort of upgrade to my PC … Problem is I have no clue how to tell which part needs it the most >< my Motherboard or Hard drive,
and if i should even bother if they are not broke. Like they say "If it ain't broke leave it alone" lol. My Pc is a HP Pavilion a350y, today i saw a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB Hard Drive - 7200, 16MB, Serial ATA-300 for 89$
I currently have a ST-3120022A (Barracuda 7200.7 120GB, Ultra ATA/100)
I have no clue on differance between Ultra Ata/100, and Serial Ata-300 or whats even compatible or what i need to look for .
My motherboard is currently a ASUS P4SD-LA which i think HP calls it a Yale-UL6E. Heres the link i found for more specs:
My Motherboard spec sheet
Any help would be appreciated to give me a clue on how severly outdated these are and if they could surely use a upgrade or are they ok for another year or two^^ .
One question i had is is there a way to move everything from 1 HD to a new one or will i have to reinstall everything including OS. And will i have to do the same with a new MB? Well thank you again!
I am taking advantage of Christmas lol and gonna treat myself to some sort of upgrade to my PC … Problem is I have no clue how to tell which part needs it the most >< my Motherboard or Hard drive,
and if i should even bother if they are not broke. Like they say "If it ain't broke leave it alone" lol. My Pc is a HP Pavilion a350y, today i saw a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB Hard Drive - 7200, 16MB, Serial ATA-300 for 89$
I currently have a ST-3120022A (Barracuda 7200.7 120GB, Ultra ATA/100)
I have no clue on differance between Ultra Ata/100, and Serial Ata-300 or whats even compatible or what i need to look for .
My motherboard is currently a ASUS P4SD-LA which i think HP calls it a Yale-UL6E. Heres the link i found for more specs:
My Motherboard spec sheet
Any help would be appreciated to give me a clue on how severly outdated these are and if they could surely use a upgrade or are they ok for another year or two^^ .
One question i had is is there a way to move everything from 1 HD to a new one or will i have to reinstall everything including OS. And will i have to do the same with a new MB? Well thank you again!