This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Is Windows Firewall compatible with Zone Alarm?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Can I run Windows Firewall and Free Zone Alarm at the same time with Windows XP Pro SP3? I want to do this because my computer fails Gibson Research's Shield's Up test stating" Failed Ping Reply".Gibson says I should be able to configure the firewall to reject the Ping Request, but I have the Free Zone Alarm and don't know how to do that.
Hi Silverfox,

The short answer is NO. One Firewall only is the order of the day. I run ZoneAlarm Free Firewall, when downloading and installing it Windows Firewall is automatically turned off.

I am not familiar with

Gibson Research's Shield's Up test

Another volunteer may come by to assist you with that question,

Best regards,

Edit, follow this link Post#2 for excellent help offered by Digerati
Hi, if you sre operating via a router then its almost certainly your router that is responding to the ping not your machine. If that is the case then there's no need to be concerned by it. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI