This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Computer rebooting daily, seems to run slowly

8 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Buffett, I suggest you just keep working through all the fixes suggested as a result of your Pit Scan and report back when you have completed all of them. Please post a new Pit Scan when all the work has been completed from your first test. Best regards,
Hi Buffett, I looked at your last test scan you sent, you need to click on Performance tab and follow the items with the red cross beside them. Reboot, and post back when you have completed those thanks. Best regards,
http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=21451401

Getting better…

also wanted to mention, under my windows task manager I see a process called "devices.exe" that I have never noticed before. And it seems to periodically take up a large chunk of the CPU usage… up to 100% for about 10 seconds every minute or so… and then goes back down to zero. I have been unable to find anything out through internet searches on such a file. Just in typing this reply it did the cycle twice….

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI