This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Dual monitors via network

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've got a desktop and a laptop. The desktop is one that I built myself and is running Windows Vista. The laptop is an old Sony Viao running zenwalk linux. I need a second monitor for my desktop for various tasks but I don't have the money to buy a second monitor. Does anyone know of open source software that will allow me to use my laptop as a secondary monitor for my desktop. I know it can be done because I have seen it done via the local network. Any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S. To those who helped me with my last problem but wouldn't help me any more due to the fact that I had an unregisterd copy of Vista I have now registered it so now it is completely legit and legal.
Looks like others have considered this interesting idea.
http://www.maxivista.com/

It is a paid product. ($29.95 US)
There is a "demo" version, but not having used it, I don't know what limitations or time limits the demo may impose.

Keep us posted with your progress and hopefully success.

Note: This Forum does not allow advertising (SPAM).
My response to you is in service to helping you to resolve a specific problem you presented.
We'll not want to have a bunch of additional "promo" type submissions about this or any other paid product.

Doug
Hi Riverwind, Thanks for updating us. It is an interesting idea that you had raised. And may be useful to others of our readers. Please let us know of your results if you do give that "demo version" a try. Best Regards, Doug

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI