This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Wireless PC to HDTV connection

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this, but here goes: I have a Sylvania LC260SS! LCD-HDTV, a computer running Windows Vista, a Roku 2, and a regular TV antenna. I want to watch programs, such as shows in my HULU Plus que, from the computer onto the televison. The reason I desire to do this is because there are many shows on HULU Plus that state they cannot be shown directly on the TV through the Roku 2. I have a D-Link DIR-601 wireless router. I would like to utilize the router because currently my computer isn't able to be put in the same room as the TV, plus, I do not want a bunch of wires laying across the floor. Is there anything I can use to accomplish this? I've been researching this on the internet for almost a month & all I've found are very expensive items.
I am extremely limited in what I can advise as I can't view certain pages over the pond, but while waiting for someone who may have better knowledge and\or access to the info, here are 2 links that I hope will help.
Hulu Plus is available on connected TVs and Blu-ray players, gaming consoles, set-top boxes, mobile phones, and more. (Scroll down a little to the Roku for a guide, I am blocked from this so can't say more).
This is from the Roku forum, I add this just incase it throws some light on your issues, as there does appear to be an issue with certain aspects of the 2 devices.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI