This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

software to remotely control another machine?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm trying to figure out the best software to allow me to control my mother's pc from a distance. She periodically needs help maintaining her machine and I've thought of using PC anywhere or vnc viewer to do that. Does anyone have recommendations as to the best tool for this? Thanks.
For purposes similar to what you describe, I am happy with the free version of Logmein.
https://secure.logmein.com/US/home.aspx

I assist about a dozen elderly or otherwise timid computer users.
All of them are in my My Computer's group at my Logmein Account.
I never access their machines unless asked to do so.

I've been using Logmein in this way for about 3 years with great success and no cost/no hassle.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI