Steve D
Topic Starter
I am running an eMachines T3828 with Windows XP. My son has discovered gaming and has visited some websites that seem to have downloaded various "things" onto their computer.
Symptoms: System became hung up in boot up just around the time the Notron Antivirus 2005 program was loading. I would receive an error message to the effect of" Windows Installation beginning" … then abother screen indicating "Norton Antivirus can not repair ….. please reinstall program". I always clicked the Cancel button below the error message. I couldnt run anything on the computer as it always locked up (this has been ongoing for several months now).
Actions: Today I up[graded their RAM from 256MB to 2GB as I initially thought it may have been a RAM issue. I realized very quickly it was not RAM and began uninstalling programs in SAFE and STANDARD modes (AOL, Adobe Acrobat, etc). I also uninstalled Norton Antivirus and installed ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite. In addition to a host of Spyware the program found this "virus" which it claims can not be Quarrantied or deleted
not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Coupons.h located in C\WINDOWS
I'm slowly reaching the point of reaching for the sledgehammer .. please help!
Thank you
Steve
Symptoms: System became hung up in boot up just around the time the Notron Antivirus 2005 program was loading. I would receive an error message to the effect of" Windows Installation beginning" … then abother screen indicating "Norton Antivirus can not repair ….. please reinstall program". I always clicked the Cancel button below the error message. I couldnt run anything on the computer as it always locked up (this has been ongoing for several months now).
Actions: Today I up[graded their RAM from 256MB to 2GB as I initially thought it may have been a RAM issue. I realized very quickly it was not RAM and began uninstalling programs in SAFE and STANDARD modes (AOL, Adobe Acrobat, etc). I also uninstalled Norton Antivirus and installed ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite. In addition to a host of Spyware the program found this "virus" which it claims can not be Quarrantied or deleted
not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Coupons.h located in C\WINDOWS
I'm slowly reaching the point of reaching for the sledgehammer .. please help!
Thank you
Steve