This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] NEED HELP PLEASE

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

HI GUYS I NEED HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE.. I AM TRYING TO "WWW.GOOGLE.COM OR GOOGLE.CO.UK" BUT IT IS REDIRECTED ME TO A FAKE MICROSOFT PAGE SAYING MY COMPUTER IS INFECTED AND I NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANTI VIRUS ( LINK PROVIDED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE). I TRIED TO CLEAN COOKIES, BROWSING HISTORY . I ALSO TRIED MALWARE TO REMOVE IT . I TRIED TO RESTORE MY COMPUTER TO LAST WEEKS SETTINGS BUT NOTING SEEMS WORKING FOR ME.. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME TO SORT THIS PROBLEM. I CANT OPEN GOOGLE AND YAHOO … BOTH SEARCH ENGINES ARE REDIRECTING ME TO SOME FAKE MICROSOFT PAGE. I HAVE WINDOWS XP OPERATING SYSTEM. THANKS A LOT ADDY
Hi coolguy

Welcome to the What the tech Forums
My name is mschroe919 and I am going help you
I would like to help you So if you would….
Please be patient and I will be back as soon as possible.

FIRST:

Please while I am gone do these steps:

Show hidden files, Here is how:

Windows XP

* Click Start.
* Open My Computer.
* Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
* Select the View Tab.
* Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
* Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
* Click Yes to confirm.
* Click OK.

NEXT:

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Download it

HERE:

This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

NEXT:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

HERE

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform FULL SCAN, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt
save and post the malwarebytes log when you get to the bottom of this page.
NEXT:

We need to download HijackThis, download it here

HERE:

once downloaded click on it to install
By default it will install in c:\program files. Don't change the location
Then navigate to that directory and double-click on the hijackthis.exe file. When the program is started click on the Scan button and then the Save Log button to create a log of your information.
Once the log is saved please post it here .along with the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware log
good luck

Be sure not to delete anything intill said ok to. also don't run any other cleanup programs till we
get done it may goof ours up.
Also if you have any questions feel fre to ask first.

When you post another HJT log and the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware log , let me know how your PC is behavuing

I will be waiting to see new logs

mschroe919

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI