Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Redirecting to microsoft security website

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 val15

val15

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:03 AM

I can't go to google anymore because it keeps redirecting me to a Microsoft security website saying i have malware or something. help please i really use google for a lot of stuff. it all started when i downloaded a winwar...

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 18 October 2008 - 02:01 PM

Hello and welcome to WTT
Sorry to say, but from your description it sounds like you may have downloaded a nasty!! :angry:
You will need the expertise of our malware experts to help you.

You will need to download Hijack This -

• Download Trendmicros Hijackthis to your desktop.
  • Double click it to install
  • Follow the prompts and by default it will install in C:\Program Files\Trendmicro\Hijackthis\Highjackthis.exe
  • Open HJT Scan and Save a Log File, it will open in Notepad
  • Go to Format and make sure Wordwrap is Unchecked
  • Go to Edit> Select All.....Edit > Copy and Paste the new log into the Highjack this Logs and Infections Removal Forum Here

DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Wait for an expert to assist you

(please be patient - they are very busy - it could take several days for a response)

If you don't hear anything after 5 days go here

Microsoft MVP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015