This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Google redirect virus [Closed]

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, Everytime I try to go to a web page by clicking google it sends me to a web page I was not looking for. How can I get rid of this? I have Windows 7 Home Premium desktop. :(

Hi, Everytime I try to go to a web page by clicking google it sends me to a web page I was not looking for. How can I get rid of this? I have Windows 7 Home Premium desktop. :(
I believe it is the Google redirect virus
:welcome:

aswMBR Log

Important! Please do not perform any fix options offered in aswMBR

Please download aswMBR to your desktop.


  • Double click the aswMBR icon to run it.
  • Click the Scan button to start scan.
  • If you are asked to update the Avast Virus database please allow it to do so.
  • When it finishes, press the Save Log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.

[external image: Posted Image]






Download DDS from one of the links below to your desktop

Link 1
Link 2

  • Double click the tool to run it.
  • A black Screen will open, just read the contents and do nothing.
  • When the tool finishes, it will open 2 reports, DDS.txt and attach.txt
  • Copy/Paste the contents of 'DDS.txt' into your post.
  • 'attach.txt' should be zipped using Windows native zip utility and attached to your post. Compress and uncompress files (zip files)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI