This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Redirect Malware [Solved]

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi guys, I am new here and am here in need of some help with my computer. On Monday i was trying to watch some videos online and when I went to google something in Chrome I got redirected to another fake search engine and have not been able to fix the problem. I have this posted on another website as well and have downloaded and run the following programs: Malwarebytes Superantispyware Combofix tdsskiller Aswmbr Securitycheck OTL I have all my logs saved from my previous runnings of these programs I am here for a second opinion and another set of ideas as to how to get rid of this thing. I have since uninstalled google chrome and am using IE 9 it also had the redirect issue but when I reset the homepage to msn.ca it stopped and did not redirect any of my bing searchs I conducted. When I was using chrome in order to get a legit google search result I had to goto google.com I could not just search from the homepage tab that I opened when I launched Chrome. Thanks again and if you need anymore information or clarity I will be happy to provide it. As well I have running Norton 360 premium version 5. My computer has no symptoms its running fast and loads pages quickly no weird pop ups are happening just getting redirected when I try to use chrome. One little weird thing is that after running the different programs I listed even though my dell dock is listed as launch automatically I have to click on it everytime I start my computer for it to appear at the top of the windows 7 screen. Thanks very much for any help you can provide. Regards GK
:welcome: All of us are volunteers that do this in our spare time, we dont have enough manpower to have more than one forum and more than one helper helping you, it would not be fair to other people asking for help, your call, either continue in the other forum if your being help, if not inform them them your being helped here, your call, let me know what you want to do and what forum is helping you You have also ran so many programs on your own its going to be hard to see what your infected with, its best just to post and let us see whats going on
Thanks for the reply Ken I have since resolved this issue you can discard this topic I don't want to take up other people's time since my problem has been resolved. If I need help in the future I will be sure to stop by again GK

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI