This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

First Gaming Rig

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Doomsday, It's been a few days, sorry for the late reply. Have you made any changes to the build since? Do your optical drives connect via SATA or IDE? As for the list as it stands, I would be inclined to put a bigger hard drive in, "downgrade" the PSU to the Corsair TX-750W. You can also find a number of very good motherboards for a fair bit cheaper, that ASUS seems awful expensive. Lastly I would consider the addition of the discrete sound card. Onboard audio is excellent these days, and is more than capable for all but the most serious of audiophiles. What OS are you intending to use with this build? You have not listed one for purchase. Cheers Troy
My optical drive uses IDE cables and I plan to also buy Windows XP Home Edition for it. I want to leave room so that I can upgrade it later so that's why I thought having that 1000W power supply would be good.
here are my comments: 1. XP home, please go for professional 2. RAM 6Gb, this will require you to go for XP 64bit so it will all be utilized. 3. PSU is 1000Watts, I say over power.. go for 500 to 750 only. those are my humble comments for your consideration :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI