This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Building a comp, need help (Surprise!)

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I decided to build a comp, and I need someone with the smarts to double check it and make sure everything lines up and would be compatible with the rest.
I already have a case, disk drive, a 24" Monitor with HDMI cable.

MotherBoard: ASUS M4A88TD-V

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 645 Propus 3.1GHz

RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB

Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W

I will be dual-booting Ubuntu and W7 (32 bit /sadface) using Ubuntu for everything except gaming. Welcome to any thoughts as well.
Hello maxell_lite, Welcome to the WTT Forums. ^_^ Everything looks fine. Have you thought about a network card? If it's for gaming, you also need to consider buying a graphics card. Cheers, Nahumi

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI