This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Hard drive doesn't register

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Please help. I tried to back up my files onto my external harddrive, but I think I turn it on/off during a transter. Now when I tried to open it again, it would not allow me to open the drive even though it does appear on the Hard Drive Drives List. When I double click on it, it tells me that disk is not formatted and asked if I want to format it or not. I don't as I have lots of files there. Thanks oh,it's a TREKSTOR hard drive
[external image: Posted Image] QDAM,

We hope you enjoy the forum.

Please post some specifications of your system so we can help you more. Here is a link for you to follow

What backup software are you using?

Best regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI