This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Hard Drive Won't Appear on My Computer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I've seen similar posts about this issue, but I didn't see any solutions. I have recently purchased an external enclosure for my laptop hard drive. I had one external enclosure before but it went bad on me, now I've purchased a new one and I"m having issues with it. I go to disk management and see it labeled "Disk 1" It says it's not intialized. Then when I try to intialize it i get the error message of "Device is not ready" Any suggestions on what to do from here? Thanks so much!
:welcome: fizz,

We have a couple of good hardware volunteers that will be along to help you with your External Hard Drive problem. Would you please follow this link to make it easier for them to give you fast and accurate assistance…thanks

Enjoy the forum, so much to read and learn from it.

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI