This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Able to view external hd via hardware>device mgr >disk drives bu

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

through Explorer or any other program. Under device manager>properties it says Location 0 Under Volumes it is blank but if I hit populate it does populate. Partion style says MBR (Master Boot Record). I have tried uninstalling / removig then rebooting with no success. 📎ScreenShot.bmp Any ideas?? I'm baffled! Thanks in advance.
Ok…I found a similar post and went to My Computer>Manage>Disk Management I can see the drive on the bottom half of the screen and it says 'unallocated'. The drive does not appear on the top half of the screen. Not sure what to do from here.
Its a bit hard to determine the exact nature of your question as it looks like some of your text has been truncated…… However if its a USB external hard drive and the problem that you are having is that you cannot access it via Explorer…….then maybe its not formatted? Is this is a new drive? or an old one with data files, photos, work music etc on it? Regards paws
Just seen your follow up post…it looks like its not formatted…….if this is a new drive then its normal and you will need to format it If its an old drive with data on it then pleased post back with details of its make and model number… Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI