Tomk
Kathys,
I think we've gotten all the malware. I don't know what is causing your continued problem. Let's finish up some final steps, I'll give you some recommendations, and then I suggest you give the Tech Team a shot at completing your fix.
Log looks good
Time for some housekeeping
Please re-enable any security that was disabled.
Update your AntiVirus Software - It is imperative that you update your Antivirus software at least once a week
(Even more if you wish). If you do not update your antivirus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.
Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer.
Without a firewall your computer is succeptible to being hacked and taken over.
I am very serious about this and see it happen almost every day with my clients.
Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.
For a tutorial on Firewalls and a listing of some available ones see the link below:
Understanding and Using Firewalls
Keep Microsoft Windows Updated - This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. The easiest way to do this is to turn on Automatic Updates. Do this by:
Install SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will add a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer
settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.
A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:
Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware
Download and install the free version of WinPatrol - This program protects your computer in a variety of ways and will work well with your existing security software.
Winpatrol
Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly.
Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.
Only run one Anti-Virus and Firewall program.
I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein
Also: "How to prevent malware"
by miekiemoes
I would suggest that you pose a questions to the Tech Team here. If you do so, please post a link there back to this thread so that what has transpired so far can be reviewed.
Please respond back that you understand the above and let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, this thread will be closed Resolved.
I think we've gotten all the malware. I don't know what is causing your continued problem. Let's finish up some final steps, I'll give you some recommendations, and then I suggest you give the Tech Team a shot at completing your fix.
Log looks good
Time for some housekeeping
- Click START then RUN
- Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK
- Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
- [external image: Posted Image]
- Delete the following:
- ComboFix and its associated files and folders.
- VundoFix backups, if present
- The C:\Deckard folder, if present
- The C:_OtMoveIt folder, if present
- Reset the clock settings.
- Hide file extensions, if required.
- Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
- Reset System Restore.
Please re-enable any security that was disabled.
Update your AntiVirus Software - It is imperative that you update your Antivirus software at least once a week
(Even more if you wish). If you do not update your antivirus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.
Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer.
Without a firewall your computer is succeptible to being hacked and taken over.
I am very serious about this and see it happen almost every day with my clients.
Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.
For a tutorial on Firewalls and a listing of some available ones see the link below:
Understanding and Using Firewalls
Keep Microsoft Windows Updated - This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. The easiest way to do this is to turn on Automatic Updates. Do this by:
- From your desktop, right-click on My Computer,
- click on Properties
- Select the Automatic Updates tab
- Click on Automatic
- Click on Apply button
- Click on OK to exit.
Install SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will add a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer
settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.
A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:
Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware
Download and install the free version of WinPatrol - This program protects your computer in a variety of ways and will work well with your existing security software.
Winpatrol
Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly.
Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.
Only run one Anti-Virus and Firewall program.
I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein
Also: "How to prevent malware"
by miekiemoes
I would suggest that you pose a questions to the Tech Team here. If you do so, please post a link there back to this thread so that what has transpired so far can be reviewed.
Please respond back that you understand the above and let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, this thread will be closed Resolved.