This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Freezing, hanging, white page?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi! Just had my system checked clean in virus/infections removal http://forums.whatthetech.com/Malwarebytes…on_t106670.html , so that's evidently not the problem.
It takes sometimes 5-7 minutes to load my user account after rebooting, screens will freeze(I've had to do hard shut downs, because even the "off" button on the front of the machine won't work. Takes sometimes 2-3 minutes for pages to load on the site I'm on, which can vary from site to site. One time a site works great, no lag time, next time, it takes forever. Sometimes(this is recent, last couple of weeks), when I click to go to a new page, the page will come up white, with the correct address in the bar, the "done" at the bottom of the page. Refresh usually works, but at times I actually have to copy/paste to get to a new page(this happens on various sites, again- one day it's fine, next not).
I know this computer has to be cleaned up, there's too much junk on it, but I don't have a clue what I'm doing!! Help?
Thanks!
Hi! Thanks for responding! Anyway, checked event viewer. Tons and tons of errors, already ran chkdsk, and I'm still having problems. Here are some of the samples from event viewer:

From Applications(last one- there are almost 3000 dating from Aug. 24 of this year to today).

Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

This one from system(just over 2000 here from July 27 of this year) :

The IP address lease 192.168.100.11 for the Network Card with network address 00167617ABCA has been denied by the DHCP server [removed] (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Everything else seems ok there.


Still varies with the lag time, not so much freezing anymore, but still getting a white, empty page going from one page to the next on the same site. Site varies as to where this happens.
As a first response I would suggest the following:

Go to start > Run…

Then type cmd

Then type ipconfig /release & enter

Then type ipconfig /renew & enter

See if that changes any behavior.
I did that, and it said there was little to no conductivity, but the service provider has checked my connection many times, and can find nothing wrong! Not a clue as to what's happening.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI