This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Browser Switching Problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have an annoying browser switching problem. The problem is a browser window that is 'selected' with no input from me. What happens, for example, if I click on a link from within my 'original' browser window it will appear in a new window, up until recently I had to select that new window myself as is the norm but now my PC does it! It carry's on doing that even when I go back to my 'original' window. Any ideas why this happens?
Hello Bluesnapper, What browser are you referring to? Opera, Firefox, IE…………..Always helps to give us the information needed to assist you. I would suggest you check your Browser options in Tools, Internet Options if it is IE. Keep us posted as others will chip in to help you. Best regards,
Hi bluesnapper,

I do not have IE 7.0 so cannot go into their options. Try this link to see if you can work out what item is enabled that is causing your issue to happen. Scroll down, I think the answer is there for you under:

Change IE7 to open outside program link requests to a new window rather than a tab

kind regards,
Its not the problem that a new window is created. The problem is when that window is selected randomly and not by my instigation. Another problem that has just showed is that IE7 shuts down just as soon as I open it!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI