Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Browser Switching Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bluesnapper

bluesnapper

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:07 AM

I have an annoying browser switching problem. The problem is a browser window that is 'selected' with no input from me. What happens, for example, if I click on a link from within my 'original' browser window it will appear in a new window, up until recently I had to select that new window myself as is the norm but now my PC does it! It carry's on doing that even when I go back to my 'original' window. Any ideas why this happens?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:47 PM

Hello Bluesnapper, What browser are you referring to? Opera, Firefox, IE..............Always helps to give us the information needed to assist you. I would suggest you check your Browser options in Tools, Internet Options if it is IE. Keep us posted as others will chip in to help you. Best regards,

#3 bluesnapper

bluesnapper

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:31 AM

I am using IE7. What do I need to look for in the Tools section?

#4 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:14 PM

Hi bluesnapper,

I do not have IE 7.0 so cannot go into their options. Try this link to see if you can work out what item is enabled that is causing your issue to happen. Scroll down, I think the answer is there for you under:

Change IE7 to open outside program link requests to a new window rather than a tab

kind regards,

#5 bluesnapper

bluesnapper

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:31 AM

Its not the problem that a new window is created. The problem is when that window is selected randomly and not by my instigation. Another problem that has just showed is that IE7 shuts down just as soon as I open it!

Edited by bluesnapper, 13 November 2008 - 11:08 AM.

#6 bluesnapper

bluesnapper

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:50 AM

Looks likely it was an add-on. In my case the AVG Toolbar.