I am having a problem when i need to reinstall my computer software. A blue screen pop-out and stating an error code: 0X0000007B (0XF78D2528,0XC0000034,0X00000000,0X00000000) and 0X0000007B (0XF78D2524,0XC0000034,0X00000000,0X00000000).what do that mean?
The two most likely causes are;
1) You are trying to instal XP on a machine that has a SATA hard drive, and XP does not have the drivers.
2) The instalation is from a disc that is married to another machine.
well,
this link: ACER This will download the E-Recovery Zip file. Unzip, then run. doesn't exist anymore.
and my problem is: I can't run the format part because everytime it stop by a blue screen pop up and saying that there is an error while formating which the computer have to stop the process in order to protect the computer.on the blue screen, showed the error code that i mentioned on top
Sent a PM to Trevuren, author of the post Tallin referenced and he found this link which does work (I tried it). He will also update the link Tallin referenced to point to this new location.
ACER recovery zip file
Give it a shot and let us know if it helps or not.
Sorry for asking a stupid question:
i am not able to enter the setup page,what I get is this,the image i attached in.
I am not sure what WINDOWS AUTOMATED SYSTEM RECOVERY DISK is,do I need to prepare an additional floppy disk?My computer does not have any floppy disk.
Well, you need to be booting your XP install CD. If you get there by pressing F12 to access the boot menu, then select your CD drive to boot from, that's fine.
You do have a XP install CD, right?
If so, once it starts to boot, DO NOT press F2 to start ASR. go through a normal install and wait until you get to the part where you are allowed to format the drive.
This is the part labeled FORMATING PARTITIONING AND INSTALLING in the link Tallin gave you. It's about a 3rd of the way down in the article.
Guyz,
I am having the same problem :-S
I tried to install the Windows XP on my ACER laptop :-S Now I am completely blank….
When I boot from cd … all the files gets copied then I get the …Starting windows label below the screen …and then the same blue screen.
can anybody tell me what to do ?
Light, did u get any solution ?
HI Stranger, welcome to WhatTheTech.
This type of error really indicates potential hard drive trouble.
Please boot your windows XP CD, but press 'R' to get to recovery console during the setup procedure.
Once you get to recovery console please choose the windows installation you want to load, and if asked for an administrator password, try pressing ENTER, or typing the correct password if you know it.
Once you are at the command prompt (C:\WINDOWS…>) type 'chkdsk /r' and press ENTER. Let the test run through which can take quite a while. When it is finished it will provide a status report, look for the amount of Bad Blocks, or Bad Clusters your have. If there are any bad clusters, it is a sign of drive failure. Only 1 or 2 is ok. Laptops are beat up a lot and it is likely chkdsk can lock out these bad sectors and continue on without any further problems.
After the chkdsk runs, reboot your PC, and restart the installation. See if things work now. Let us know what the results of your chkdsk were.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI