Every time when I close Windows Live Messenger and try to re-open it the program will not load. It does not even show on task manager when I try to re-open and nothing shows up on the screen. I have to restart the computer if I accidentally exit the Live Messenger, in order to open it again. Very frustrating. Please help.
I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 using HP dv9700 notebook.
Thank you
Just a quick thought, this may or may be the problem.
When you open Windows Live Messenger, it doesn't open any Windows. All it does is create a little icon down in your system tray (bottom right of screen). Double-clicking this icon will allow you to sign in and use messenger etc.
If it doesn't appear here, try clicking the little "<" arrow in your system tray to show all icons.
It won't show in the "Applications" section of the Task Manager when it is just an icon. Try clicking the "Processes" tab in Task Manager and looking for "MSNMSGR.EXE" or similar, this is what it will show as when it is just an icon.
Not sure if that is the problem, but thought I would point that out before the Techies began their troubleshooting
Hi Ramakul,
I notice you have posted a HJT log in the correct forum. We are now unable to assist you in this forum until you are cleared by a Malware fighter.
Post back into this forum if you have the need in due course.
kind regards,
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI