Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Windows Live Messenger doesn't open

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ramakul

ramakul

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:53 AM

Every time when I close Windows Live Messenger and try to re-open it the program will not load. It does not even show on task manager when I try to re-open and nothing shows up on the screen. I have to restart the computer if I accidentally exit the Live Messenger, in order to open it again. Very frustrating. Please help. I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 using HP dv9700 notebook. Thank you

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 jpshortstuff

jpshortstuff

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:45 AM

Just a quick thought, this may or may be the problem. When you open Windows Live Messenger, it doesn't open any Windows. All it does is create a little icon down in your system tray (bottom right of screen). Double-clicking this icon will allow you to sign in and use messenger etc. If it doesn't appear here, try clicking the little "<" arrow in your system tray to show all icons. It won't show in the "Applications" section of the Task Manager when it is just an icon. Try clicking the "Processes" tab in Task Manager and looking for "MSNMSGR.EXE" or similar, this is what it will show as when it is just an icon. Not sure if that is the problem, but thought I would point that out before the Techies began their troubleshooting :)

Proud Graduate of the TC/WTT Classroom

At weekends (GMT) I may not be able to reply promptly due to various commitments. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can.

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show appreciation and to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here Posted Image

Need help remembering those important computer maintenance tasks? Let SCars do it for you.

Posted Image

#3 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:44 PM

Hi Ramakul, I notice you have posted a HJT log in the correct forum. We are now unable to assist you in this forum until you are cleared by a Malware fighter. Post back into this forum if you have the need in due course. kind regards,