Malu CLBS
Topic Starter
Hi there.
I have a similar problem to the one posted in this thread
I also had malware, a Trojan (Dropper.gen or something of the like), and had to delete the ndisio.sys file. Before I did this, both NICs in my laptop (Toshiba satellite with both a wireless intel pro 2200 and a marvell yukon pci for WLAN and LAN respectively) worked perfectly and could get connected to the internet. I didn't use the computer until the next day, when I noticed I couldn't get connected using either wi-fi or LAN. It was funny though, because the wireless NIC got the correct SSID for my connection, but apparently there was no IP. Also, the wireless connection detecter told me there weren't any adapter devices, so I went to the devices manager. Both network cards had two entries each, one normal and other with the yellow exclamation mark. The latter for both of them gave an error with code 39: The driver may be corrupted or missing. Plus, there was an entry I hadn't noticed before: WAN Miniport IP (I believe this is why my PC doesn't have the IP when I try to connect it, but I'm not sure) I tried uninstalling the drivers to no avail. Then I used my install CD to reinstall both drivers. Fortunately, the wireless NIC got back up, and I can get connected wirelessly, but I still have the same issue with the ethernet card.
I've googled Wan miniport IP and most of the forums I've visited concur in that, to remove this entry, I have to mess with the registry, since the driver for this "device" won't uninstall because it is "needed to boot the system". But I'm not sure I should remove it or not, because I hadn't noticed it before and maybe it's important.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can give me some advice. I'll be trying to find a solution in the meantime.
I have a similar problem to the one posted in this thread
I also had malware, a Trojan (Dropper.gen or something of the like), and had to delete the ndisio.sys file. Before I did this, both NICs in my laptop (Toshiba satellite with both a wireless intel pro 2200 and a marvell yukon pci for WLAN and LAN respectively) worked perfectly and could get connected to the internet. I didn't use the computer until the next day, when I noticed I couldn't get connected using either wi-fi or LAN. It was funny though, because the wireless NIC got the correct SSID for my connection, but apparently there was no IP. Also, the wireless connection detecter told me there weren't any adapter devices, so I went to the devices manager. Both network cards had two entries each, one normal and other with the yellow exclamation mark. The latter for both of them gave an error with code 39: The driver may be corrupted or missing. Plus, there was an entry I hadn't noticed before: WAN Miniport IP (I believe this is why my PC doesn't have the IP when I try to connect it, but I'm not sure) I tried uninstalling the drivers to no avail. Then I used my install CD to reinstall both drivers. Fortunately, the wireless NIC got back up, and I can get connected wirelessly, but I still have the same issue with the ethernet card.
I've googled Wan miniport IP and most of the forums I've visited concur in that, to remove this entry, I have to mess with the registry, since the driver for this "device" won't uninstall because it is "needed to boot the system". But I'm not sure I should remove it or not, because I hadn't noticed it before and maybe it's important.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can give me some advice. I'll be trying to find a solution in the meantime.