Purjewl
Topic Starter
Specs: Win XP with a LAN-Express AS IEEE 802.11g mini PCI adapter
Netgear WGR614v6 Router
I had connectivity with my laptop via wireless up until I tried to install the latest updates for Norton. Then my wireless crashed and since then I have done the following:
1> checked connections. wired and wireless are showing as ok, no problems.
2> tried to repair connection - gets stuck and aborts saying Windows can't disable the connection.
3> manually disabled and re-enabled through Device Manager, still won't connect.
4> connected to internet via ethernet connected to router. (other laptop connects wirelessly just fine, no problems.)
5> uninstalled network card via Device manager and rebooted to reinstall and update.
6> run virus scans, malware scans, etc. no problems.
7> restarted the WZC utility, no problems with it.
After all this, I still have no connection via wireless.
The only thing that sparked any concern was during Norton's download, it kept asking for permission to continue to load files that weren't Microsoft signed. some of them were related to networking.
Also, when I reboot, the icon shows up in the taskbar tray, and says that there are multiple wireless networks, please click here to see them. I click, and it shows none. I click refresh, and it still shows none. There aren't even any listed in the preferred networks listing under properties.