This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

yambafile.exe?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello. I've been having a spyware problem, for which I've had tremendous help on another thread (http://forums.whatthetech.com/Antivirus_XP_2008_Leftovers_t95607.html). Despite mostly being rid of all problems, one day I continually got a popup error message saying that something called "yambafile.exe" was forced to close. I can't find out this file/program is anywhere and wondered if anyone here has heard of it. Thanks so much in advance for any help provided.
Did you run a search for it on your computer? Go to your C: drive, press ctrl + f and search for yambafile.exe and see what comes up.
Hi filmcynic,

I notice you are not yet cleared by TomK on the HJT forum and until you are we cannot help you here as we may suggest fixes for your problem that may change your settings. Please post back when TomK has cleared your system. We will then be very happy to help you.

kind regards,

Hi filmcynic,

I notice you are not yet cleared by TomK on the HJT forum and until you are we cannot help you here as we may suggest fixes for your problem that may change your settings. Please post back when TomK has cleared your system. We will then be very happy to help you.

kind regards,


Ah, I should of checked that, from now on I'll view peoples links to make sure they finished :blush: .
OK, I think I'm now cleared. When I searched, I found one file called yambafile in the folder C:/WINDOWS. It says it's an application, 97KB, last modified on Oct. 1. I clicked on it, but it just came up with the same message from before: "yambafile.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We're sorry for the inconvenience." etc.

OK, I think I'm now cleared.

When I searched, I found one file called yambafile in the folder C:/WINDOWS. It says it's an application, 97KB, last modified on Oct. 1. I clicked on it, but it just came up with the same message from before: "yambafile.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We're sorry for the inconvenience." etc.


Check your startup folder in the Start Menu and tell us what's in it.
It's in several places actually:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu.
C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Start Menu.
C:\Documents and Settings\youruserid\Start Menu.

Sorry guys :blush: I "unfinished" him. This file shows in his new logs (along with some other new garbage). I'll be cleaning it out and then advise him to return here if he has more problems.
Malware thread

Tomk,

No problem, we will pick him up when you are finished.

Best to you, :thumbup:

regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI