This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Yediex.exe

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Recently, I noticed a service installed on my computer, the EXE file name is YEDIEx.Exe, it is installed in windows/system32. Does anyone know what this is? I used binhex on it and could not find any text that would tell me where it came from. Thanks, John

follow the instructions at http://TomCoyote.org/hjt/

then post your logfile to this thread from the HijackThis program



Guest you are welcome to do the same in a new topic for yourself

Do you by any chance have a combination floppy and media reader installed? I remember seeing drivers and a yediez.exe program being installed once while installing one of the combo floppy/media reader drives,

I have since taken the floppy drive combo out, it appears to slow down other programs, and really messes up quick time while it is installed, no update from yedata to correct it.

Hopes this helps.
I had the same exe on my computer I have a media reader by YE Data I renamed the exe and turned it off in ms config so it doesn't run and in my case the media reader which I only use for camera memory cards works fine without it. the exe was causing my computer to crash.