I recently downloaded the new i-tunes, the 8.0 version. I have Windows Vista Home Premium edition.
Here's my problem. Since I downloaded the new version of i-tunes onto Vista, whenever I try to add anything into my library it freezes and displays "i-tunes has stopped responding" causing me to shut i-tunes down. I now have ZERO songs in my library and I find it frustrating because I like to use i-tunes for my music.
Is this yet again another glitch from Vista? Or maybe even from Apple? Please let me know, if you can, how to fix this. Thank you.
Can you roll back to the ITunes version before the current one that is giving you stress. Perhaps use System Restore to do this OR uninstall the latest version of ITunes and download and install the version prior to the trouble.
What about Windows Media Player 11. I like it, can recommend it as it gives no trouble at all.
Tallin has a good suggestion if you have a previous iTunes installer. I've had to do that many times myself but I don't recall whether older versions are available for download from Apple.
I know there were some problems with iTunes version 8 on Windows Vista a few weeks ago but I'm not sure that the issues you are experiencing are related.
You can read about the issues in the ZDNet articles:
It may be best for you to completely uninstall the version you have (including Quicktime), reboot, and then download the newest iTunes package available from their site .. iTunes Download. Be sure to download the proper installer for Vista as there are 32-bit and 64-bit installers.
You can also check the Apple forums for more advice. Good luck.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI