This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

External Hard Drive

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Well a couple weeks ago I got a 100g external hard drive, woopee. Well it works fine but there are two mysterious folders in it that are named: 4c79b8be22dbb7cb2a9e036b3e and 6631bd8a15fadbcee1618fc226af1d I tried to delete them but I get a error about how I either don't have the permissions, it's in use, or it's read only. None of those are true… I looked in it and both contain different setups for Microsoft SQL 2005. I don't know what that is but I already have it. So if someone could tell me what these folders are and how to delete them (if that's safe) I'd appreciate. Also these folders aren't hidden so I can't make them disappear in any way, and there really annoying…

What is the timestamp of those files?


August 28th, 2008. That's about when I started using it.

Oh, and while they both have installation things for SQL, one of them is specifically called "hotfix".

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI