This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Press Ctrl+S or F4 to enter RAID Utility

16 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This download includes IDE, SATARAID5, and system BIOS. The r####.bin file is the SATARAID5 BIOS and the b####.bin is the BASE BIOS. The ####.bin is an abbreviated BIOS intended for integration into system BIOS. Do NOT flash system BIOS into an add-in card BIOS. Use the included IDE BIOS with with the latest driver(s): SiI3124 1.1.10.x BASE driver or later. SATARAID5 BIOS supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, and 10. Use the included SATARAID5 BIOS with the latest SATARAID5 driver(s): SiI3124 1.3.0.9 SATARAID5 Windows driver. Use the included system BIOS with the latest SATARAID Tool: SATARAID5 Management Utility


Are you sure you want to attempt this? to save a few seconds?
DaChew . . . you're talking to a newbie about BIOS and flashing. Please let me know which ones I need to delete, and can I just delete them or do I have to go thru something like regedit to remove them?


In Add/Remove Programs, I have

3124 SATARaid5
PC Probe II
SiICfg (turned off in services)


In Program Files (x86), I have

SiI 3124 32-bit Windows BASE Controller Driver v13200_logo
SiI 3124 64-bit Windows SATARAID5 Driver v1.5.11.0
SiI 3124 SATA Controller Card x64 [removed] logo
VIA Hyperion Pro (several of them)



The RAID BIOS is with filename r6318.bin.

I don't have anything with filename r6318.bin in my pc, including hidden and system folders.



Right now, I'm trying to get my computer to boot up without it requesting me to set up a RAID Array

that can only be fixed by reflashing the card to the base/non raid bios

How do I reflash the card to the base/non raid bios?
I didn't see your second post because it was on page 2 and I was on page 1 when I replied to your first post.

What I'm hearing you say is that I only need:
- SiI3124 1.1.10.x BASE driver or later
- SATARAID5 BIOS
- SiI3124 1.3.0.9 SATARAID5 Windows driver
- SATARAID5 Management Utility

Is that right?

And yes, I don't mind going through this because I want to get my computer straightened out. It looks like I have installed files that aren't needed and I'd rather delete them/uninstall them than to leave them there.

Can I just delete them from Program Files (x86) or do I need to do something else?

And what about the several VIA files that I installed? I was told that they were needed. When I first installed the controller card, it didn't work until I installed all the files that I installed. Was it overkill?
flashing the card's bios is something I would assume you do from a dos enviroment

now this is an advanced procedure and I would suggest that since it's not broken than you don't try and fix it

I come accross this problem more with people trying to get their dvd burners to work right


I don't want you to take an 80$ controller card and ruin it so I won't spell it out for you, if you continue to do a little searching and try to figure it out then it will probably work ok, whatever you do don't try to flash with the

The ####.bin is an abbreviated BIOS intended for integration into system BIOS. Do NOT flash system BIOS into an add-in card BIOS.

You need to grasp the concept that this bin file has no connection to windows

You have to learn to crawl before you can learn to walk

I can't explain the intricasies of quantum mechanics to someone who doesn't understand newton
I didn't receive a manual or an installation disk with the controller card so I was left to find a way to get it to work by my own means.

As I stated, I have installed:
- SiI 3124 32-bit Windows BASE Controller Driver v13200_logo
- SiI 3124 64-bit Windows SATARAID5 Driver v1.5.11.0
- SiI 3124 SATA Controller Card x64 1.1.13.0 logo

In Add/Remove Programs, it shows that I have SiICfg.

SoftRaid5 is listed in Device Manager.

I've had no problems with these files except that I receive the message to set up a RAID Array but I'd like to eliminate any files that are doing my computer/controller card no good.



You mentioned (I believe) that I need:
- SiI3124 1.1.10.x BASE driver or later
- SATARAID5 BIOS
- SiI3124 [removed] SATARAID5 Windows driver
- SATARAID5 Management Utility



The ####.bin is an abbreviated BIOS intended for integration into system BIOS. Do NOT flash system BIOS into an add-in card BIOS.


I don't know where ####.bin came into play here unless it's included with one or more of the files that you mentioned.


I really would like to have my computer straightened out but if it means flashing the card and possibly damaging it, I won't do it. You didn't mention that any of them would "flash system BIOS into an add-in card BIOS."

In other words, which ones are dangerous, which ones can I safely install and which existing useless ones can I uninstall? As you know, I've been looking to fix this for a long time.
Vectris . . . I tried booting up while pressing the Tab key. When I did, the RAID set-up screen didn't appear but it didn't get me into Sata Raid BIOS. It went right to Windows. I'll use it until I get the right files/BIOS/drivers installed. Thanks :)
When you turn on the power the motherboard bios posts(loads) then the controller card's bios loads your tab just stops the option to change your raid now your motherboard has seen the card, the card has seen the hard drives and only then does windows come into the picture, last the drivers have nothing to do with that card's raid bios, the drivers need to match the bios for the card to function properly the base bios for an addin card just disable any raid function for the card/chipset My point is many of us here have builtin raid for our motherboards and we don't attempt to change that, when I am oveclocking my computer can boot so fast the hard drive can't spin up fast enough and I get a drive found error, I just press enter to continue and windows loads I can see your wanting to understand this process but can't understand why you want to try and change the bios for your card. It looks like you have the right drivers installed

I can see your wanting to understand this process but can't understand why you want to try and change the bios for your card.

I don't want to change the bios for my card, I just want to stop boot-up from asking me if I want to set up a RAID Array. I was looking for a setting that would shut it off or a file that will allow me to turn RAID off, thus the request will no longer appear.

I was assuming that I have the wrong drivers installed because the request kept popping up, but you answered my question:

It looks like you have the right drivers installed

Thank you. I can set my mind at ease now. :)


I can live with pressing Tab when my computer boots up, and I thank Vectris for finding this for me. :)
Ok, I think I have the answer for you! On your sata card if you have a jumper pin, switch it from 1& 2 to 2 & 3, then start your pc. You will notice its not there anymore. After this most likely your computer will tell you it needs drivers and will automatically download them and your drive(s) will pop up and no more F4 TO ENTER RAID Utility. Ive done this with my DELL XPS, Im now running 4-500gig hard drives, 8 gig of memory @800mhz with a 2.83 quad core, the card I was using that gave me this headache was from addonics. Hope this works for you!
[external image: Posted Image] Beached,

Thank you for replying to this thread with your expertise.

Denise_M will find the post and reply soon I am sure. Let us hope it is a positive answer to your kind post.

Enjoy the forum, read, learn, and post help when you can.

kind regards, :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI