I have installed a Tekram TR-822 SATA Host Adapter which is connected to a SATA 1TB HDD.
My problem is that now a screen shows up before windows boot thats says:
SiI 2332A SATARaid BIOS Version 4.2.12
Copyright (C) 1997-2003 Silicon Image Inc.
Press or F4 to enter RAID utility
Primary Channel: ST31000340AS
It sits at that screen. It will not do anything even it i hit or F4. I also cannot get into my Mobo BIOS because this screen overrides them. The only way to get passed it is to unplug the harddrive and then it flashes a screen that says:
SiI 2332A SATARaid BIOS Version 4.2.12
Copyright (C) 1997-2003 Silicon Image Inc.
Press or F4 to enter RAID utility
Primary Channel: Not Found
Secondary Channel: Not Found
And then continues to boot windows.
I have tried altering the jumper settings on my HDD as well as numerous changes via setup (when the HDD is unplugged)
But whenever the HDD is plugged in, It sits at that screen and does not respond to any keystrokes.
It sounds like you might need a SATA Raid Manager. If you go to the Silicon Image website, you can choose the SATA Raid Manager that you need for your chipset, which is 2332A. http://www.sci-worx.com/support/index.aspx
For example, I have SATA hdd and my motherboard has a 3124 chipset. Even though I have Windows XP Pro x64, I had to download and install SiI 3124 32-bit x86 Windows BASE Driver v1.3.20.0 logo. I also downloaded and installed SiI 3124 64-bit BASE Driver [removed] logo and SiI 3124 64-bit Windows SATARAID5 Driver v1.5.11.0. SiI might also recommend a BIOS update. The drivers that I had to download might be completely different than the drivers that you have to download, besides the chipset number. There shouldn't be too many recommendations so read each one carefully.
These were the recommendations that I received when I installed new drivers:
You'll need to get the 64-bit SATA drivers onto a floppy and use the
F6 key at the beginning of WinXP x64 Setup, when it is "inspecting the
hardware" and invites you to "Press F6 if you need to install drivers for a
mass storage device" (or similar language). Until you do this, Setup will
halt at some point after you get well into the installation process, telling
you that it can't find any hard drives in this computer - because it can't
see the SATA drives without those drivers. :>(
Unless there has been a recent change that I don't know about, you MUST have
those drivers on a FLOPPY. They can't be loaded from a USB flash drive or a
CD/DVD or anything else.
Hope this helps.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI