This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Have a virus, can't find it

8 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Okay as far as Vista folder/file structure goes it's a bit different from XP and will take some getting used to….it did for me at first.

If you want to go to "My Documents" (the "XP way") the correct path is…

C:\Users\%user name%\Documents

See the difference?

Now, just to be clear, what are you looking for? The Kaspersky file? The easiest thing to do is save on your desktop, that way you cannot lose it. Do you remember where you saved it?

Yes, the Kaspercy file, saved in two places, My Docs and C:\, both ofwhich are not visible with the search feature, however, after running the scan the file shows up in both spots when trying to save the scan.
I believe I tried that also, but I may have forgotten that folder. I'll re-run and try again, however, why are the other two files not searchable?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI