I've always had this problem and even after research and hunting for the settings I turned up nothing. I like to play PC games and one of my favorites is FoF (Frets On Fire, a guitar hero for the PC). I use the 1-5 keys for the notes and - to strum. Anyways whenever I hold down the 4 key, I can't hold down more than one other key with it or else that third key won't work, and if I repeatedly try to hold down 3 keys including number 4, I get a beeping from my computer.
I looked in all of the Control Panel > Keyboard settings and couldn't find anything. Also my sticky keys and such are all turned off. I'm pretty sure it's my laptop as I have the same problem on the built in keyboard and on the external one I use to play the game.
There is a ton of stuff here that may help you. However external keyboards are very cheap so why not try a new one to see if there is any difference? The answer for the Laptop is more a mystery I would think.
Thanks for the links but they don't have anything to do with my problem, that's just for mounting a strap onto your keyboard like a fake guitar hero guitar (lol). Also both links are the same…
But I may have to restort to buying a new keyboard. However I need to find out which ones allow "4" and "5" to be pressed together with other keys… and usually it's the more expensive ones that allow those multiple keypresses, I've heard that because mines cheap the keyboard doesn't support certain multiple keypresses. And the laptop keyboard was just for comparison, I was saying neither keyboard would do it, the main one I use is external though. Thanks for trying .
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI