Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Keyboard Multiple Key Presses

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DanielD

DanielD

Silver Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:51 PM

I've always had this problem and even after research and hunting for the settings I turned up nothing. I like to play PC games and one of my favorites is FoF (Frets On Fire, a guitar hero for the PC). I use the 1-5 keys for the notes and - to strum. Anyways whenever I hold down the 4 key, I can't hold down more than one other key with it or else that third key won't work, and if I repeatedly try to hold down 3 keys including number 4, I get a beeping from my computer. I looked in all of the Control Panel > Keyboard settings and couldn't find anything. Also my sticky keys and such are all turned off. I'm pretty sure it's my laptop as I have the same problem on the built in keyboard and on the external one I use to play the game.
The internet's most useful tool, Google.

"Life's like a game of Poker, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose" - Garfield

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:22 PM

Hi Vectis,

There is a ton of stuff here that may help you. However external keyboards are very cheap so why not try a new one to see if there is any difference? The answer for the Laptop is more a mystery I would think.

Another interesting link here

I don't play games, so have just tried to research here to help you. If I am way off the mark, tell me so someone else will come along to assist you.

kind regards,

#3 DanielD

DanielD

Silver Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for the links but they don't have anything to do with my problem, that's just for mounting a strap onto your keyboard like a fake guitar hero guitar (lol). Also both links are the same... But I may have to restort to buying a new keyboard. However I need to find out which ones allow "4" and "5" to be pressed together with other keys... and usually it's the more expensive ones that allow those multiple keypresses, I've heard that because mines cheap the keyboard doesn't support certain multiple keypresses. And the laptop keyboard was just for comparison, I was saying neither keyboard would do it, the main one I use is external though. Thanks for trying -_- .
The internet's most useful tool, Google.

"Life's like a game of Poker, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose" - Garfield