This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Screen won't move past the start up screen

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Well it all started after that dreaded hurricane went through. My computer at first went up to the blue screen of death, error C0000218. So I did the normal proceedure when I put in my boot disk and run the repair program screen and used chkdsk /p at first then used chkdsk /r. That fixed it but now when the computer boots up, it goes past the first Windows XP screen which is a black screen and it's loading. It gets finished then it goes the blue Microsoft Windows XP screen and this is the blue screen when you pick which server you want to log into but the servers do not show up, and just stays at this screen and doesn't load at all. However, I can move the cursor around, but the screen doesn't load up. I really don't want to do a full reboot. Can anyone give me some additionial tips before it gets to that step? Thank you!! ^^

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI