This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Software to repair corrupted files?

28 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hmmm, I sure would like to know what the end results are so please keep us posted. And certainly, don't feel bad about taking it in - some times hands-on by a technician is the only the solution.
Hi Bill, I didn't leave the computer after I was told that the problem wasn't always fixed. I am just going to live with it for a while. Hopefully, down the road a "fix" for the problem will be available that works. In the meantime, I have SP2 on the computer without any updates for that service pack. I'm afraid to put any of the updates on it for fear that it will hang up. I know I can pick and chose the updates to install but I'm not sure which ones to pick. Again, Thanks so much to you guys!!!! binkie
I have one final question: Is there a list somewhere that will tell me the absolute minimum updates for SP2 that should be installed to protect my computer? I ask this because my computer would not restart after I downloaded the entire list of SP2 updates from the Windows update site. Thanks again!! binkie
Hi binkie,

Yes there is, download Belarc Advisor and it will tell you if you are missing any updates so that way you will receive the correct list of missing WUD for your system.

Sorry to see you are still in strife. Keep us posted as we really want to assist you.

kind regards,
Tallin, I've said it before but have to say it again: YOU GUYS ARE REALLY THE GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

binkie

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI