Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Security blocked file from Download.com

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Narrisah

Narrisah

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:54 AM

I have downloaded several .exe programs from Download.com and when i click on the Properties down on the bottom it says that the file i downloaded came from another computer and for security has been blocked and do i want to unblock it or not. I recently had a virus and have installed a variety of programs to help battle the problem and to prevent future attacks from the advice given here in virus forum and i was wondering if it is doing that because of the new installations or if i am still infected and being sent .exe programs that are infected. Is Download.com downloads 100% safe from viruses?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:24 AM

They should be safe, however use a site like VirScan.org if you are ever worried about a file before you run it That will scan it with a load of anti-virus programs and tell you if it is bad

#3 Narrisah

Narrisah

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:59 AM

Thanks again Rorschach112 for helping me so much this past week . You are a genius with all this computer stuff . Do you have any recommendations for a novice to improve knowledge about computers. I.E. books or classes? Like my grandma always said "AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION IS WORTH A POUND OF CURE". Your advice is worth more than "free of charge" and it is very generous of you to give it here. Thanks again Sincerely, Narrisah

#4 Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:51 AM

Check out this site

http://www.dougknox.com/