This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Virus Pops up on Every computer on the LAN

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have tried reformatting my computer and everything. The second I connect to the internet I get a whole bunch of virus's which prevent me from getting downloads from Microsoft Sites, any Anti-Virus (or if i manage to get one through torrents I cant update it) It is on all three computers in the network (the other two computers are vista) I have asked for advice from a lot of people and it sounds most logical to me that it just gets sent from computer to computer if i try and reformat so here is the log. Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Running processes: F:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe F:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe F:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe F:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe F:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe F:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe F:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe F:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE F:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE F:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe F:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe F:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe F:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe F:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe F:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe F:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe F:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe F:\Program Files\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe F:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE F:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE F:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "F:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - F:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - F:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - F:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - F:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
Hello and welcome to the forum

I don't see a anti-virus program running. Get a free one.

Grisoft AVG
http://free.avg.com/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition


avast! 4
http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

Or

Avira AntiVir Personal - FREE Antivirus
http://www.free-av.com/en/download/1/downl…_antivirus.html


Run a full scan and let us know what it finds along with a new HijackThis log.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI