Hardware
Installing AMIBIOS MS 9158 driver
5 min read
ilvspad
Topic Starter
Since my PC would not go to the welcome page,I reformatted my Hard drive & reinstalled wIN xp sp2.Device mager reports that PCI simple communication controller driver is not installed..My installation CD is lost.Thru American Megatrend's site downloaded AMIdiag demo.But that program gives problems report only.No solutions.As per their support I have to contact supplier for downloads.
Our PC details.
Mother board - AMIBIOS MS9158.Manufactured by Elitgroup.MATSONIC model MS 9158.Matsonic drivers download site is not displaying this driver now.I have requested AMI for help & am waiting.
SMBIOS -MATSONIC MS9158 version 1
Can someone help me in this?
Thank you.
Tallon41
If you did a "repair Install, then the drivers are still on your harddrive…somewhere.Since my PC would not go to the welcome page,I reformatted my Hard drive & reinstalled wIN xp sp2.
I doubt that the CD they gave you would have that driver on it anyway. PCI Simple Communication controller is a Modem.Device mager reports that PCI simple communication controller driver is not installed..My installation CD is lost.
Do you need a dial-up modem ? If you are not on Dial-up internet, and you don't need to send fax (requires an add'l phone line if on DSL,) then you do not need to worry that this is not installed.
If you do need it.
click -start- then right-click "my computer", then choose -manage-.
When the "computer management" window opens, maximize it and click -device manager-
Right-click on the yellow cautioned - PCI Simple Communication devcie, choose -properties-.
When the "PCI Simple Communications controller Properties" window opens, then click the -details- tab.
Click on the single line of information in the large white "Value" box, then press the Ctrl key hold it down, then press the [C] key and let them both go.
Reply to this post and then Ctrl – [V] or "paste" that information into your post.
e.g.
PCI\VEN_127A&DEV_1004&SUBSYS_1004127A&REV_01\3&13C0B0C5&0&58
and I will find a driver for you, or make one work.
Tallon41
ilvspad
Thank you for sparing your time.
I had copied & pasted as detailed by you.
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3068&SUBSYS_41611106&REV_80\3&61AAA01&0&8E
Have a good day.
ilvspad
Thank you for sparing your time.
I had copied & pasted as detailed by you.
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3068&SUBSYS_41611106&REV_80\3&61AAA01&0&8E
Have a good day.
Tallon41
goto
http://www.conexant.com/support/hsp_driverassistance.html
click the [agree] button
new window. You will see a list of 4 drivers. The XP one is the bottom one. 2.66MB
save file, (note where that is….Desktop or otherwise.) when done, if the window is still open. click the -open- button.
if it is not, then you will have to open "my computer" and go to the folder you saved it in and double click the file to open it.
This should work, according to the .inf file it will accept any modem begining with:
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3068
which yours does.
Tallon41
http://www.conexant.com/support/hsp_driverassistance.html
click the [agree] button
new window. You will see a list of 4 drivers. The XP one is the bottom one. 2.66MB
save file, (note where that is….Desktop or otherwise.) when done, if the window is still open. click the -open- button.
if it is not, then you will have to open "my computer" and go to the folder you saved it in and double click the file to open it.
This should work, according to the .inf file it will accept any modem begining with:
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3068
which yours does.
Tallon41
ilvspad
Thank you,
After the found new hardware wizard was installing the files.blue screen with dumping physical memory,contact sym.adminstrator, uninstall the newly installed hard/software messages were flashed.I restarted the sys.Got a message that the system recovered from a serious error.Error reported.
Now I have uninstall?
Thank you
Tallon41
hmmm. sorry about that, usually modem drivers are not that rigid. It might not work just right, but if the installer begins transferring files, it will usually finish.
What PC do you have. There are several different chipsets this model modem was put in. That driver was for a Via .
I will look for the other chipset dirvers….SiS next perhaps. Unless you can give me more info by installin PC Wizard 2008
http://pc-wizard-2008.en.softonic.com/
after installing click on "hardware" and look at "mainboard."
Note: you can edit your post and delete the "messgae" from MSoft, I know what it says.
Tallon41
What PC do you have. There are several different chipsets this model modem was put in. That driver was for a Via .
I will look for the other chipset dirvers….SiS next perhaps. Unless you can give me more info by installin PC Wizard 2008
http://pc-wizard-2008.en.softonic.com/
after installing click on "hardware" and look at "mainboard."
Note: you can edit your post and delete the "messgae" from MSoft, I know what it says.
Tallon41
ilvspad
Thank you again.
If you require any more info ,just tell me.
General Information :
Product : MS9158 Series
Version : 1.0
Serial Number : 00000000
Unique ID : 00000000-00000000-00000000-00000000
SKU : Unspecified
Family : Unspecified
Start mode : Modem Ring
OEM Information :
OEM #1 : SMBIOS Support from AMI
OEM #2 : Tested by James
General Information :
Manufacturer : MATSONIC
Product : MS9158 Series
Version : 1.0
Serial Number : 00000000
Support MP : Yes, 1 CPU(s)
Version MPS : 1.4
Chassis Information :
Manufacturer : MATSONIC
Type : Desktop
Version : 1.0
Serial Number : 00000000
Asset : 0123ABC
Sensor Information :
Hardware Monitoring : ITE IT8705F
Thank you.
Tallon41
Try this one.
http://members.driverguide.com/driver/deta…jwHSq%2B0r1WsOm
put in the 3 letter code.
According to the INF file, there are 4 modem drivers in that file. Yours is the 2nd of 4. I do not know how it will appear on your screen, or whether you will be given an option to choose.
[Models]
; You're only allowed to choose one model for one submission.
%Modem1% = Modem1,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2416
%Modem1% = Modem1,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2426
%Modem1% = Modem1,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2446
%Modem1% = Modem1,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2486
%Modem1% = Modem1,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7196
%Modem2% = Modem2,PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3068 <————————– yours
%Modem3% = Modem3,PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_7013
%Modem4% = Modem4,PCI\VEN_10B9&DEV_5457
you will need to download "winrar", unless you have a RAR file expander already.
expand the file to a temporary directory. open the device manager and uninstall the Yellow cautioned PCI device.
then right-click on a category and choose "scan for hardware changes", this will detect the modem and lauch the "add hardware" wizard.
you will have to click "have disk" at some point and browse to that temporary directory where the rar files are.
if that does not work I can e-mail it to you, just send me a Private Message with your e-mail address.
Tallon41
http://members.driverguide.com/driver/deta…jwHSq%2B0r1WsOm
put in the 3 letter code.
According to the INF file, there are 4 modem drivers in that file. Yours is the 2nd of 4. I do not know how it will appear on your screen, or whether you will be given an option to choose.
[Models]
; You're only allowed to choose one model for one submission.
%Modem1% = Modem1,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2416
%Modem1% = Modem1,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2426
%Modem1% = Modem1,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2446
%Modem1% = Modem1,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2486
%Modem1% = Modem1,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7196
%Modem2% = Modem2,PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3068 <————————– yours
%Modem3% = Modem3,PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_7013
%Modem4% = Modem4,PCI\VEN_10B9&DEV_5457
you will need to download "winrar", unless you have a RAR file expander already.
expand the file to a temporary directory. open the device manager and uninstall the Yellow cautioned PCI device.
then right-click on a category and choose "scan for hardware changes", this will detect the modem and lauch the "add hardware" wizard.
you will have to click "have disk" at some point and browse to that temporary directory where the rar files are.
if that does not work I can e-mail it to you, just send me a Private Message with your e-mail address.
Tallon41
ilvspad
Hi,
Thank you for sparing your time.
On driver guide,I was able to locate the BIOS/Motherboard driver for MS9158.
Downloaded.OK.
But I am searching for expander in the RAR.Only extracter is available.
Even though it is in a temp .folder,Add Hardware wizard could not access it.
Any hint ?
Bye
On driver guide,I was able to locate the BIOS/Motherboard driver for MS9158.
Downloaded.OK.
But I am searching for expander in the RAR.Only extracter is available.
Even though it is in a temp .folder,Add Hardware wizard could not access it.
Any hint ?
Bye
Tallon41
Did you extract the files from the rar archive first ? the wizard will not see the files inside a rar archive, they must be extracted first.
I said you needed to download winrar, in order to make the file available on the link I provided, work
http://www.win-rar.com/index.php?id=160&dl=wrar371.exe
If you know of a better/different tool, you don't have to use that one, you just need to down-load a program that can extract files from a RAR archive. The above is one such; Win-RAR.
I did create a Zip archive, which Windows will be able to open. I can e-mail it to you if you wish. PM me an e-mail address and I will shoot it over to you.
Tallon41
I said you needed to download winrar, in order to make the file available on the link I provided, work
http://www.win-rar.com/index.php?id=160&dl=wrar371.exe
If you know of a better/different tool, you don't have to use that one, you just need to down-load a program that can extract files from a RAR archive. The above is one such; Win-RAR.
I did create a Zip archive, which Windows will be able to open. I can e-mail it to you if you wish. PM me an e-mail address and I will shoot it over to you.
Tallon41
ilvspad
Hi,
Howdi?
Thank you for your unwavering support,I was able to solve the problem.
Now the add wizard was able to install Cmedia '97 audio controller and both speakers & mic are fine.
Thanks a lot.
Bye
Have a nice day.
Tallon41
Cool, glade we could help.
ar_hang
Hi,
Howdi?
Thank you for your unwavering support,I was able to solve the problem.
Now the add wizard was able to install Cmedia '97 audio controller and both speakers & mic are fine.
Thanks a lot.
Bye
Have a nice day.
hi,
I am really happy that i can find this post.
I am using the same motherboard as you(MS9158),just a few days i format my computer,
after reinstall the windows,there is no sound of my computer,i lost my driver disk .
Please counld you share the sound drvier and other drivers of this motherboard to me?
thank you very much!
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI