This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

driver for Macrium

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

My network controller needs a driver and it is VEN_14E4  NIC.

 

After the Win update I am having issues like this.

 

How do I get this driver?

 

If I use just a disc will it be required like  the flash drive.?

 

Is there ans easier program that works with UEFI and does not require this driver - it is getting too complicated. ?

 

Do I need this driver?

 

Thank you.

Now that images are made, and although it is a subjective call, would it be pragmatic to delete the system files which warn that the previous version of Win cannot be obtained?  I have ample room  but they do take up GB's.

Once I got my Macrium backup working, I deleted Windows.old using CCleaner. Some folks use Disk Cleanup but I prefer CCleaner. I also deleted $Windows .~BT and $Windows.~WT folders using Unlocker. Unlocker may not have been necessary but since it's so easy to use I just did.

I used system files cleaner as you mention.

Btw, i have conflicting reports about both Speccy and Unlocker with Win 10's new build. Did you lose the two with the update?

Odd that I lost both. I read where some are having trouble with the two of them but my installations are OK to date.

 

I know better than to download from any site other than the ones you trust but made an exception and a bunch of junk was downloaded with UNlocker. Thank goodness for system restore and MBAM.

That is what I usually use - (of course I forgot the site as I entered Unlocker>64 byte>Win 10), when I clicked on download  about a dozen icons appeared on my desktop. Although I do not remember the site, I did recognize it or would not have used it.

It's OK now.

 

I am wondering if one has to reinstall the OS, would you use the media made for Win 10, then proceed with the large update?

 

I have an image of Win 10 after a clean install and then one after the large update. I think I would use the 2nd although the first would be more pure. The fist clean install  would involve updating and modifying all over.

Just a thought.

Your choice of the last image substantiated what I thought I would do if necessary. Good to have another opinion.

 

I clicked on This PC and >properties to see if I could find the Windows 10 build # like you have but saw nothing.

 

I also looked to Speccy >OS which gave a serial number but not a build.

 

Where did you look for the build?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI