📎Dll_screenshot.JPG
Trying to use a program in XP that gives me the attached pop-up window of 'missing MSVCR71.dll file'.
Everything I've researched leads to somebody selling a download. I know these are scams because there ust be a free solution.
Thanks for the help.
P.S. Why/how does this file go missing in the first place? I've used the aforementioned program before without incident until now.
P.S. Why/how does this file go missing in the first place?
Hard to tell. It could still be there, but corrupt and unrecognizable. Malware may have changed or deleted it. Improper use of a Registry cleaner or other cleanup program may have damaged the file, the main program or deleted it. A malware scanner or malware removal program or procedure may have cause collateral damage to this file, or the program calling it. A failing hard drive may have damaged the file. Or a failed update.
If the cause were easy to determine, the fix would likely be easy too.
Tried the cut and paste in 'Run', couldn't find such a file.
I use 'Malwarebytes' and 'System Mechanic' in addition to Norton Security Suite and 'Ace Utilities' and 'Spybot'.
The strange thing is that I was able to use the program before but somehow sinc the last time I used it this file has now turned up missing.
Tried SystemLook several times with and without anti-virus and Firewall on/off and all I can get is what you see in the attached pic.
In a seperate matter, note the 'Error on page' above the Start menu. This comes up quite frequently and I don't know why. Whether it's related to this file issue or the fact that your SystemLook program wouldn't run is yet to be determined.
Hi,
That looks like the default screen you get when you first open SystemLook. What happens when you copy and paste the script in to the white field? Are you able to get that far?
Did you save it or click run when you downloaded it?