Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Adobe Flash Player Shuts down IE 7

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ron.M

Ron.M

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:14 PM

:pullhair: ............Dear Person; I'm back with a new problem...When I land on some webpages that have video/movie clips, I get an error message that says: "IE 7 has encountered an error & will have to close"...Which it does...Then a new graphic pops up asking me to send an error report to MS...Which I do...Then the page disappears & I'm off the web...If I disable Adobe Flash Player 9 in IE "Manage Add-Ons" I can explore the site til dooms day , except I can't watch the clips...The thing is that I'm investigating on-line at-home businesses & need to watch those clips to get further info about their programs/products...I've tried to contact Adobe & even left a post....I got NO answer for 2 weeks..I went back to Adobe to search out the post & I can't find it....Must've gone into a black hole !!...Adobe is properly installed & works elsewhere...I have a Dell Optiplex GC1 with WinXP Pro SP 2...( Granted it's old & slow , but so am I & it works ) ANY help will be appreciated...Thank you , in advance...Ron.M :D ..........PS: I am a newbie...

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Digerati

Digerati

Built, broke, fixed, learned.

• Tech Team
  • 3,717 posts
  • MVP

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:33 PM

I think you have the right idea to disable it in Manage Add-ons, but I think I would go further and perhaps "Reset" IE as it appears you have another BHO (add-on) that may be interfering with adobe's. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, then read what Reset does. Understand that it will remove all your add-ons. Then you can add them back in as needed. Also, if you are running more than one toolbar, I recommend sticking with one - I use Google Toolbar and the only other add-on I went out and got was IE7Pro.
kIbxonF.gif Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
fl3leAE.gif Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

─────────────────────

#3 Ron.M

Ron.M

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:39 PM

Digerati; 1st , Thanks for that SUPER FAST reply....I did a IE reset..I still have the prob..I'm not sure I have any toolbars...

#4 Digerati

Digerati

• Tech Team
  • 3,717 posts
  • MVP

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:51 PM

You did a reset and reinstalled Adobe and it still does it?

Have you scanned for malware? I would purge the system of crud using Windows Disk Cleanup or ATF Cleaner then supplement your anti-malware scanning with Malwarebytes's Anti-Malware (MBAM).
Freedom is NOT Free!

─────────────────────

#5 Ron.M

Ron.M

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:58 PM

Digerati: 1st ?...Yes...Next ?'s in order.....Yes , NO malware , viruses, trojans,etc...I use ATF regularly....I have Avast! installed & on at all times...Also do frequent scans with Avast....PS:: How do I use this Fast Reply without checking my email ?? Do I stay on site & wait for reply to pop up ??

Edited by Ron.M, 23 August 2008 - 04:01 PM.

#6 Digerati

Digerati

• Tech Team
  • 3,717 posts
  • MVP

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:04 PM

Fast Reply merely shows the fast reply box or not. You can click it over and over again - it has nothing to do with your email. As for your other problem, I don't know. Is the problem consistent? That is, same site every time? Graphics drivers updated?
Freedom is NOT Free!

─────────────────────

#7 Ron.M

Ron.M

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:12 PM

Digerati: OK, then having the "Fast Reply " means & does nutin , right....The problem IS consistent..Happens on the same sites every time...After a few tries , I quit the sites...But , I'm not getting the info I want...I have ATI 3D Rage Pro & the driver according to Driver Detective , the ATI website & my computer is up to date....With the Anti-virus program Avast , would you still want me to go ahead with MBAM ?? It's a 1.8mb file & would take awhile to DL ,install, scan etc,as I'm on dial-up....Thank you..........PS: FYI, I replied to your 2:51pm post at 2:58pm...I saw you were still on this thread & that's why I used "Fast Reply"....But you then left the thread...NOT a complaint, just an observation.....I know there's other things to do besides this....MANY thanks for what you do here..... :D.............PS: I'LL be offline til tomorrow am....

Edited by Ron.M, 23 August 2008 - 09:13 PM.