This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Adobe Flash Player Shuts down IE 7

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:pullhair: …………Dear Person; I'm back with a new problem…When I land on some webpages that have video/movie clips, I get an error message that says: "IE 7 has encountered an error & will have to close"…Which it does…Then a new graphic pops up asking me to send an error report to MS…Which I do…Then the page disappears & I'm off the web…If I disable Adobe Flash Player 9 in IE "Manage Add-Ons" I can explore the site til dooms day , except I can't watch the clips…The thing is that I'm investigating on-line at-home businesses & need to watch those clips to get further info about their programs/products…I've tried to contact Adobe & even left a post….I got NO answer for 2 weeks..I went back to Adobe to search out the post & I can't find it….Must've gone into a black hole !!…Adobe is properly installed & works elsewhere…I have a Dell Optiplex GC1 with WinXP Pro SP 2…( Granted it's old & slow , but so am I & it works ) ANY help will be appreciated…Thank you , in advance…Ron.M :D ……….PS: I am a newbie…
I think you have the right idea to disable it in Manage Add-ons, but I think I would go further and perhaps "Reset" IE as it appears you have another BHO (add-on) that may be interfering with adobe's. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, then read what Reset does. Understand that it will remove all your add-ons. Then you can add them back in as needed. Also, if you are running more than one toolbar, I recommend sticking with one - I use Google Toolbar and the only other add-on I went out and got was IE7Pro.
Digerati: 1st ?…Yes…Next ?'s in order…..Yes , NO malware , viruses, trojans,etc…I use ATF regularly….I have Avast! installed & on at all times…Also do frequent scans with Avast….PS:: How do I use this Fast Reply without checking my email ?? Do I stay on site & wait for reply to pop up ??
Fast Reply merely shows the fast reply box or not. You can click it over and over again - it has nothing to do with your email. As for your other problem, I don't know. Is the problem consistent? That is, same site every time? Graphics drivers updated?
Digerati: OK, then having the "Fast Reply " means & does nutin , right….The problem IS consistent..Happens on the same sites every time…After a few tries , I quit the sites…But , I'm not getting the info I want…I have ATI 3D Rage Pro & the driver according to Driver Detective , the ATI website & my computer is up to date….With the Anti-virus program Avast , would you still want me to go ahead with MBAM ?? It's a 1.8mb file & would take awhile to DL ,install, scan etc,as I'm on dial-up….Thank you……….PS: FYI, I replied to your 2:51pm post at 2:58pm…I saw you were still on this thread & that's why I used "Fast Reply"….But you then left the thread…NOT a complaint, just an observation…..I know there's other things to do besides this….MANY thanks for what you do here….. :D………….PS: I'LL be offline til tomorrow am….

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI