This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Icons only work with right click

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My computer just recovered from PSU failure. Now I click on the desktop icons and nothing happens - no hour glass no starting of programs. The Icon dims. I have made new icons and the same thing happens to the new ones. The icons on any active window do not work either. The only way I can get ontrol panel to open is to switch to category view. The classic view icons do not work. Programs do open from the start menu Cannot open c: drive from MY Computer Everything does work from windows exporer. Any ideas?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI