This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Vista Backup headache-0x80070534 error

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi fellow members My problem this time has me stumped. After hours of searching google for this error with no luck, I have finally come here for some serious help. Here we go…. I have 2 computers. 1 Xp home wired to wireless router and external Seagate freeagent external HD 1 laptop vista home premium connected wirelessly to my network I can access all files on my xp computer as well as all the files on the external HD wirelessy :thumbup: But when i try to backup the laptop wirelessy i get this error 0x80070534 error :wacko: It is asking for a username and password for the backup to access the drives wirelessy even though I can browse all files. I can access both HD wirelessy no worries. I tried the user and p/w for the network but no go. I found on vista forums a reg. key to add/take ownership and got another error number :pullhair: Please HELP before I throw this computer through a window…… Cheers all
It sounds to me like the main problem is in the rights of the backup. You need to see who/what owns the backup process and then premission to the process/user to the laptop. Even though you are logged on and have the permission the backup process is running as a system user, or backup user, etc that user doesn't have the right that you do when your viewing the files. I know that is kind of vague but it's one of those things where I would know where to look but can't explain it, I would need to explore and investigaste to get it working. Maybe someone with more experence with backup right willchime in. I hope the little info I provided helps some. Tonka

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI