This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

.ini

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, Just recently I've been finding "desktop.in" files everywhere? Can someone tell me what an .ini file is? and possibly why they're in many of my forders. Can I throw them out? Or where should they go? I also have ntusser.dat and ntuser.ini? I don't know what they are? Thanks, Victoria3
Hi, I have not created any folders using .ni but perhaps it is automatic with Vista. Thank you for the information. Victoria3
Gosh, this seems almost too easy to solve, but you never know, try my below steps, they should make all your .in files disappear. Also I think you meant "desktop.ini", note the i at the end. 1. Open up any folder, just like double click on my documents or something. 2. Go to "Tools" and click "Folder Options…". 3. Click on the Tab called "View". 4. You should see a bunch of check boxes now, look at the second Folder Icon, next to it should be the title "Hidden files and folders". Below it are two choices, click on the one called "Do not show hidden files and folders" and then go up to the top of that little window and click the button called "Apply to All Folders". That should really do it. Unless you have vista… So try that and tell me if you were able to do it successfully. If you ran into a problem just post it and I'll try to help some more. PS: This will take care of all your other weird files too.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI