DevoDave
Topic Starter
My older machine that I use as a Karaoke system is fairly lightly loaded. It is a P3 1GHz Intel with 1280 MB of memory. About a month ago it became frozen and would not boot normally, I was able to start in safe mode and load a restore point, viola, everything OK for a day or two then it freezes again. The same process restores it a second time but the third time it will not boot even in safe mode it just gets caught in a boot cycle sometimes it will make it to the log in screen but then it locks.
I thought it was a hardware issue, but then today I read in the Register that this has happened to some older machines with SP3 automatic upgrade components, specifically with power management, I know that can be an issue with older Bios and have updated a couple but not this one. I have also heard that downloading the full ISO image of SP3 and installing that can work. I have a Ghost image of this drive so I may be able to recover function for long enough to try that.
Has anyone heard of this type of problem, any thoughts.