This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Trojan:Win32/Diskmaster - Severe

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, While working at my pc this afternoon, just browsing files, a message came up from windows defender that it had found the above trojan. I clicked on the 'repair all' button but nothing came up to say the trojan had or hadn't been removed. I then ran a full scan with windows defender, but it came up clear. Does this mean the trojan is gone, or should I check my pc with something else as well and if so, what does anyone suggest. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley
Hi hedley93 :).

I wish I could answer this for you but it has been such a long time since I have actually used Windows Defender. Or even its forerunner MS Anti-Spyware which was based upon the GIANT Anti-Spyware before Microsoft purchased the application from them. Anyway sorry I digress.

The best advice I can give is to read this topic and then post accordingly, please be aware however the HijackThis™ Logs and Infections Removal part of WTT is quite busy so please be patient and I hope you query/problem is cleared satisfactorily :).

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI