This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Trojan 32 Looksky infection

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I need help please…. I have a Trojan infection on my PC, the Trojan 32 Looksky. I have run SDFix and ComboFix, but I'm not sure what to do now, and how to tell if its gone or not….help!
Hi, and Welcome to What The Tech :)

My name is jpshortstuff. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
  • I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
As I am still training here, my posts to you will be checked by an Expert member. This will ensure that all advice and instructions I give you are accurate and safe. This may mean that my replies may take a little longer.


Sorry about the delay in responding :(

If you still need help:

Show all hidden files:
  • Click Start.
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View Tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
  • Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.
Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.


Please follow this link: HijackThis version 1.99.1 and click the Download HijackThis button. Click Save and save the file to your desktop.
Once the download is complete, double click the HJTsetup icon which should now be on your desktop. Click Next. Check that you are installing to C:\Program Files\Hijackthis, then click Next. Click Next again, then check the box that says Create a desktop icon and click Next, and then click Install to begin your installation, and then Finish.

Once HijackThis is open (double click the Hijackthis icon on your desktop if it doesn't open automatically) hit Do a System Scan and Save a Logfile and then copy and paste the log into a new reply, using the Add Reply button.

Then I will analyze your log and sort out a fix for you :)

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.


jpshortstuff

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI